PERSONAL INSURANCE PRODUCTS
More than just a place to live, your home is one of your biggest investments. Properly protecting your most cherished investment is important. Often times in the fast paced processing of buying your home proper insurance protection is often overlooked. Our staff is always available to review coverage options to see that you are properly covered and our receiving all the available credits.
UNDERSTANDING THE BASICS
If you have a mortgage on your home your lender will require evidence of homeowners insurance in an amount at least equal to your loan value. The home and other structures on your property are covered for direct physical loss resulting from fire, lightning, wind, hail, smoke, vandalism, explosion and many other perils. In addition to the property aspect of the homeowner’s coverage your policy will also provide liability coverage. This protection pays for damage or injury you accidentally cause to others and for which you are legally responsible for.
- Property Coverage—On your home for direct physical damage.
- Liability Coverage—You and your household members are covered for bodily injury and property damage claims which you’re found responsible for. Includes defense coverage.
- Medical payments to others—Medical coverage that pays non-household members unintentionally injured on your property, or by you or a family member.
- Additional living expenses-Covers the extra expense incurred when a covered loss makes it temporarily impossible to live in your home.
- Personal belongings—covers furniture, appliances, clothing and other personal belongings
- Valuable property—jewelry, silverware, furs, works of fine art.
- Replacement cost coverage—On your household contents, this alternative to Actual Cash Value reimbursement pays you at today’s cost to replace or repair lost or damaged property-subject to your policy limits and your chosen deductible (and provided actual repairs are made). With this special coverage, no deduction whatsoever is made for all those years of wear and tear.
- Water & Sewer backup—covers property and clean up damage to your home caused by ground water and sewer back up.
The choices you make when purchasing auto insurance are important. Unfortunately many consumers find out only after a claim that they made poor choices. The multiple coverage options you have when purchasing automobile insurance can be confusing. It’s easy to make simple mistakes that could cost you in the event of a claim.
UNDERSTANDING THE BASICS
The ownership of a vehicle brings with it several risks. The risk of property damage to your vehicle or to another’s vehicle or property, the risk of personal injury to yourself or others. Auto Insurance can protect against the financial loss that comes with these risks. Many States have laws requiring that you carry Compulsory insurance. If you have a leinholder, Comprehensive and Collision coverage must also be purchased. Often times the required limits are less than appropriate for some individuals since an accident can put your personal assets at risk.
Other Personal Insurance Coverages
- Motorcycle and Recreational Vehicles
- Personal Articles – Jewelry, Furs, Fine Arts, Collections, Antiques
- Umbrella – Limits of $1,000,000 – $50,000,000
- High Value Homes and Automobile
- Kidnap & Randsom
- Identity Theft
- Domestics and In-servants Workers Compensation